Heathrow Airport Transfer
As you probably may already know Heathrow Airport is the busiest airport in London and also the third busiest airport in the world. Heathrow Airport can be found 22 km west of Central London, and has two equivalent east–west runways together with five operational terminals laid on 12.14 square kilometers of land. Terminal 5 is the last one and was open to passengers on the 27th of March 2008. The airport is really huge so, if you are for the first time there, you may be really confused at start. This article is meant to bring you information related to transport from Heathrow to the Center of London and also to information related to Heathrow Airport transfers.
If you are on Heathrow Airport and do not know how to get to the center of London, do not stress too much. There are many ways to get transport from Heathrow, indeed some faster or cheaper than the other. Depending on your claims and expectations, you can choose one of the following methods to get transfer from Heathrow to the center of London:
1. Heathrow Express trains offer some of the best service available, being a modern and comfortable option to get transferred from Heathrow. The trains are equipped with air-conditioning, wireless internet, free TV and a lot of baggage space. The trains are non-stop and run every 15 minutes. 15 minutes is also the amount of time that will take you to get from Heathrow Airport to Paddington Station. The journey will take a little bit more from terminals 4 and 5.
Tickets can be purchased on the Internet, at the station or on board the train. The standard price for a single trip is £18, while for a return journey the price is of £32.
2. London Underground. It is true that £18 for a 15 minutes trip with a train may sound a little bit costly to some, and, if we are to be honest, the price does seem a little bit too high. So, if you do not want to pay this money, you can always choose the London Underground to get a transport from Heathrow. London Underground’s Piccadilly Line offers the cheapest rail route between Heathrow Airport and the center of London. Three London Underground stations are located at Heathrow Airport, one dedicated for terminals 1, 2, 3 and 2 others for terminals 4 and 5. The price for a journey in the Underground will cost you no more than £5.
3. Heathrow Connect is also a train service that passes through Heathrow Airport. There are two main differences between Heathrow Connect and Heathrow Express: price and journey time. While Heathrow Connect is cheaper than Heathrow Express, it would take you about 30 minutes to get to the center of London. The price to London Paddington Station is not more than £8.50 GBP. Paddington station is near Oxford Street and Hyde Park. From there you can board in other trains that will take you to the South and West of England or take any other transfer method you prefer.
4. National Express Coach. The coach services depart and arrive to the central bus station which is really close to the terminals 1, 2 and 3 buildings. The coach also stops right outside terminal 4 and 5 and use stops 13 and 14 for terminal 4 and 13-16 for terminal 5. Coaches depart 10 times per day from Colchester, Ipswich and Braintree and the price is of 17.50 GBP. For online bookings an extra fee of 1 GBP will be added.
5. Transfers from Heathrow Airport. Until now I have presented you four methods to get transport from Heathrow to the center of London. Some of them are cheaper, some of them are fast and some of them are comfortable. Having about 200 cab companies operating, it is obvious that airport transfers are one of the most preferred services in terms of transportation to the center of London. Now, similar to the other transportation methods, Heathrow airport transfers also have their advantages and disadvantages. If you are a very comfortable person, then this is the best option for you. Even if it may not be a method as cheaper as the previous four, taking a Heathrow Airport transfer as your transport to the center of London may prove a valuable choice. One of the greatest advantages for this transport method is the fact that the driver will pick you up straight from the arrivals and guide you to the car, help you with the luggage and leave you straight at the address. It is true that black cabs can do the same, but why not choose a much cheaper option if you can? Transfers from Heathrow Airport are done 24/7 and you can book a car at any time you want.
Where to meet the taxi driver at Heathrow Airport?
Terminal 1 - Costa Coffee
Terminal 3 - Travel Ex
Terminal 4 - Costa Coffee
Terminal 5 - Costa Coffee
Other Important Airport Transfer Information:
* Get Fares for London Airport Taxis Here: London Airport Taxi Transfer
* Find Out More Information About taxis from Heathrow to Gatwick: Heathrow Gatwick transfer
* Find Out More Information About transfers from Heathrow to Gatwick: Heathrow Gatwick taxi
* Find Out More Information About transfers from Heathrow to Stansted and Luton: Heathrow taxi Stansted Luton
Sheraton Heathrow Hotel::Hilton London Heathrow Airport::ibis London Heathrow Airport::Novotel London Heathrow Airport::Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Rail::Coach::Car Rentals::Flight Tickets
Travel and Holidays::London Pass::Latest Events – London and Abroad::UK Deals
I was very happy with your transfer to Heathrow last week. The driver Gabriel Radu was on time, he was very polite, professional and very very nice and, last but not least- the car was very clean and comfortable . I shall ask especially for his service when coming to London next time. Hope this is possible.
Precise and timing service.
Clean and new cars.
Polite and nice drivers.
Precise info via emails
I HAVE USED THE SERVICE ABOUT 20 TIMES IN LAST 6 MONTHS. THEDRIVERS ALWAYS ON TIME AND VERY POLITE. THEY HAVE A VERY EFFICENT HELPDESK. 247 IS EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY.
Drivers very good & professional always arrive for pickups on time promptly.
It would be better if there was a visa payment service with driver is why I don't use this service all the time.
consistent excellent services and vlaue for $
I've been using 24/7 for almost 10 times in the past year. In no single occasion, the driver was late. Moreover, all drivers come across are polite and drive safely. Car are all in good condition and spacious. Most of the drivers speak very good English. Their price are comparatively lower than most other service providers. Excellent value.
Used 247 Airport Transfer on June 2nd 2014. Easy booking process. On time well presented helpful driver. Clean well maintained vehicle. Bottled water supplied. Careful skilled smooth driving. Great competitive price.